Buttercream, frostings, Fondants, and Icings can sometimes be an intricate thing to make. They all taste delicious, but some are better than others. This recipe is super simple and easy to make with items that you most likely, already have in your pantry.
Remember, when you are icing cookies you want to give yourself plenty of time to allow the cookies to cool. If you try Icing a warm cookie, the icing is not going to stay in place, but instead run off the cookie.
- 1 1/2 C. confectioners sugar
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1t light corn syrup
- 2T water *more or less depending on your desired consistency(2T of water is ideal for outlining your cookie, but you will need more in order to flood your cookie)
- Combine all ingredients together and whisk. You will want to have a ribbon effect
- Add your desired food coloring.
- Add to piping bad and you are ready to decorate!